The “Sunday Reset” trend has been circulating on social media over the past few months. We love watching these satisfying videos of our favorite influencers doing simple tasks around the house.
What is a Sunday Reset?
A Sunday Reset is completing chores and tasks around the house each Sunday. These chores can vary depending on the week, but usually include things such as laundry, vacuuming, cooking, etc. Sunday is often viewed as a relaxation or lazy day, so it’s easy to let the day slip away and forget about these tasks.
Why is it important to have a Sunday Reset?
Having a reset each Sunday allows you to prepare for the busy work or school week ahead. Nothing is worse than starting off a Monday with a messy kitchen, no groceries, and a big pile of laundry. Having a productive Sunday allows you to have a productive week!
How can I have a successful Sunday Reset?
Here are seven basic steps to ensure a successful Sunday reset:
- Do all of your laundry: Since laundry is usually the most time-consuming, we recommend starting with this first. Sort your laundry however you usually do, including your sheets and towels.
- Tackle your kitchen: Start by doing the dishes or loading your dishwasher. Wipe down your countertops and appliances.
- Clean your bathrooms: This is a task we all dread, but we promise you’ll be so happy once it’s done!
- Vacuum and mop your floors: Start by picking up anything that doesn’t belong on the floor. Go ahead and completely vacuum and mop.
- Grocery shop: Take a break from the cleaning and head over to your favorite grocery store. This would be a great opportunity to grab some lunch or an afternoon pick-me-up from Starbucks!
- Re-make your bed with clean sheets: Once your bed is re-made with clean sheets, go ahead and fold any laundry you need to as well.
- Cook dinner: We know not everyone is a fan of meal prepping, as it can become repetitive throughout the week. We recommend making a big dinner on Sunday night that will give you a few leftover meals for points in the week when you don’t feel like cooking.
This can seem overwhelming at first, so feel free to incorporate a few steps at a time. Even making small changes to your routine can have a big impact on your week.